lmost impossible, so after wasting 8-10 hours I finally scrapped the idea.
The one thing that has pissed me off about doing these maps and the one for my advanced final is all the work put into procurring information and manipulating data, left so tired of dealing with the given project I honestly don't fell all that proud of my end maps. Looking at them I can't imagine what I would do differently but it's not like I can stand looking at them anymore anyway.
In hindsight I should have done something I had a more personal interest in or something that wasn't so dependent on gathering such a wide array of data.
Not kiss her butt anymore, but Kristi's idea is perfect. It's totally something I could see in an Atlas, it meant something to her, and yeah she had to digitize but I can't imagine it was a mind-numbing as all the data management I had to do.
If the project weren't limited to PA I might have had more ideas...but I dunno. I just wish I had it to do over again maybe I wouldn't be so burnt and bitter. Anyway here's my other map enjoy.....
don't be so hard on yourself. the ArcScene thing would have been awesome, had it worked out. and, though you don't have a vested interest in PA obesity, you did compile some pretty sweet data. MY data was relatively easy, FYI. so, hey, low-hanging fruit.
ReplyDeleteand you may have been the only person who did an interpolated map... don't remember any others.
Just re-read my maps holy sh!t I am freaking hilarious.
ReplyDelete