Well this is winding down and I couldn't be happier. Just a little further to go and I can breathe again.
Anyway I wanted to share my project from advanced class on here so everyone knows what they can look forward to.
I did a bunch of research in regards to wind potential and how to optimize it in regards to small wind turbines that the average homeowner may install. I did a comparison of Dauphin and York Counties. There are more suitable sites in York Co despite having less wind potential than Dauphin. PA in general isn't very conducive to harnessing wind energy anyway but there is some applications for it.
I did a little more of an in depth study of Dauphin Co. I took all the criteria for good wind mill sites and cross-referenced that with the individual municipalities building ordinances. I got a really good response from the municipalites with half of them actually calling me back. Most people were really helpful. I found that some townships allow and even promote wind mills but don't require any ordinances.
Show up to the classroom on Tues. the 14th And I'll go through the whole riga-ma-roo for you.
I am aware that these maps have some errors they were from an earlier draft of my maps.


No comments:
Post a Comment